Friday, August 27, 2004

It's funny what happens to your life when you aren't paying attention. For the past few months I have been so obsessively concerned with all the little things, it comes as a surprise that I find myself living in Florida with a boy and a dog. I'm a graduate student. I am taking out yet more student loans. My apartment comes with a dishwasher and a POOL. I have cable television!!! This is the first time in quite a few years that I have been able to watch Sportscenter. In some ways, this is a bad thing, but in others, I feel so much more plugged in to the world. For the longest time, I would be out with people and the conversation would turn to what happened on Trading Spaces or Queer Eye or gee, did you catch the game last night? Uhhh, no. No, I watched Antiques Roadshow. Did any of you catch that? Yeah, the silver tray was actually made by Paul REVERE! It was worth thousands!

But the best part of cable TV? Anderson Cooper 360. Wow. I thought "the Mole" did him in. But he's back...suave! sophisticated! articulate! knowledgeable about current events! I knew he was destined for great things in high school when we would watch him on Channel One every morning, reporting live! amidst great danger! It's so reassuring to see that all that hard work paid off.


1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger William & Meriwether said...

hey woman! I am happy to have helped in the blog inspiration. and happy to hear about your new life in Florida! I may be forced to make a little trip down that way this winter, after all this time submerged in the grey cloudiness of the northwest. And as far as TV goes, I am experiencing something similar after being in AK without one all summer. I got to watch the last half an hour of the Olys today, the first of it I've seen all summer! Amazing.
I look forward to reading more!
~Ang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home