Thursday, September 09, 2004

Go Pats!

It's opening night of football season - yeah! (Since there will most likely not be a hockey season this year, I have shifted all my winter sports excitement to football.) My mom is sitting at home in her Ty Law jersey, yelling at the t.v., and my dad is AT FOXBOROUGH, watching the game live with his friends. Dink. And I am in Orlando, trying to teach the bulldog an end zone dance.

Growing up, football was always a part of the weekend. It wasn't like we HAD to see the game, but it was on in the background, just a part of the autumnal wonderfulness that envelopes Maine once the tourists have gone home and the days become colder and darker. There is nothing like a cold, crisp fall day, bright blue sky, brilliant red, yellow and orange leaves, the smell of woodsmoke and Sunday dinner, sitting on the couch with a Sam Adams, watching the Patriots. Football season makes the slide into winter a little easier.

But hey - I live in sunny Florida! I won't even have winter this year! As I write, it is 77 degrees out! Hmmm... I am not sure how this will affect my enjoyment of the season. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger William & Meriwether said...

wow....your description of watching football on a fall day in Maine makes me nostalgic...and I never even lived in Maine or cared much for football!
~Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home