Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's time for small treasures

This was the quote on my gingerbread latte cup yesterday. It made me smile. That's what I love about the holiday season - everything is a small treasure.


So I have to move all my stuff (well, my bed and all my books, really) back up to my parent's house until I get accepted into one grad program or another. So, how to do this? Better yet, how to do this in a way I can actually afford? Well, as I am a good, resourceful New Englander, not in the traditional UHaul way.

It turns out, in a bizarre twist on Bob Marley's "You need help? I'll get my brother's truck" bit, it so happens that my dad knows someone who knows someone who has a truck coming down to Jacksonville to pick up juice to haul to Canada. For a few bucks extra, he will come on down to Orlando, pick up my books, and drop them off at the end of the East Side road on his way by.

My dad, while letting me in on the good news, "You don't have anything that can't be frozen, do you?"

Let's just go over this one more time. Next week, I am putting all my worldly possessions on a truck full of orange juice concentrate, driven by a guy from Jonesboro, Maine, and sending them on their merry way north. Excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home