Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's Johnny Damon Day!

And not only in my head, either! The City of Orlando has proclaimed November 11, 2004 as Johnny Damon Day - and had a ceremony at City Hall to celebrate! So, I put on my Red Sox hat and slogged through the rain to be there, and let me tell ya, it was worth it! *Sigh, Johnny! The mayor, who appeared very...ummm...disneyfied... introduced him, and then Johnny rambled a few minutes about how great the fans are and how he's proud to be from Orlando, and yeah, go Sox! He was really very cute in that gee, uhhh, I'm a baseball player, not a public speaker kind of way. Unfortunately, there were too many pushy people there for me to get my hat signed, but as I was waiting, Johnny made eye contact with me and smiled. So, hey! My day is complete!

Also, I am happy to report that the holiday season is upon us I got a Gingerbread Latte today from Starbucks. One forgets this far south that it is NOVEMBER!

And finally, I changed the formatting on this thing - I was getting really sick of the pink. Blue is better. :)

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the pink!
-Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home