Thursday, September 30, 2004

Bleah....

That generally sums up my feelings of late. I am in a little bit of a crisis mode over the state of my life. I feel like that should be a speech I give to myself once a year. You know, on a random weekday night, just sit down with a beer and a journal and say, "Self, this is where you stand. You are unemployed by choice, (and how stupid was that?!), you know what you want to do professionally, which is more than I can say for your professional growth since, I don't know...1996, and your hair has finally grown out to a nice length, which is also more than I can say for you hair since 1996. You have no money, but that's ok, because you're wearing jeans. (shout-out to double A) Designer jeans that make you look like you have an ass, which is nice, but seriously, you really must give the rest of your wardrobe a chance to get into the rotation. You have fantastic friends, but you never see them because you have chosen to exile yourself to never-never land. Self, you need to buck up, figure your shit out and take some action."

Yeah. So I have also been daydreaming a lot lately about backpacking through Europe. I think it all started last weekend when I watched a Rick Steves pledge special on PBS. He went to this obscenely picturesque Swiss town and ate cheese. I want to be there. I want to eat Swiss cheese. I want to drink German beer and see Rolf and Sandra (Hi Rolf & Sandra!) and eat some waffles. But I need about 2 grand to do this. I'd best get my ass moving on that job, eh?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home