Sunday, September 26, 2004

Hurricane # 4

"Since when have you not dressed like a hooker to go get a beer? Come on, I've been out with you! :) " - Sheila on hearing that I wasn't quite fitting into the Orlando bar scene.


So tonight, we took a trip up onto the roof of the parking garage, because that is what one does during a hurricane. It was windy. And rainy. Actually, it was just windy, because once it started raining, I was like, hell no, I'm going back inside. But there are a surprising number of people up on the roof during a hurricane. My favorites were a foursome that were packing a styrofoam cooler full of beer and vodka. Excellent! The one guy was wearing a "Canada" baseball hat, which I was happy to see; unfortunately he ended up being a Yankees fan. But one of the girls and I started talking, and she saw that I was wearing a Galway t-shirt. It turns out, of course, she lived there.

"Oh! I was there, too!" I say. "Really," says she, "when were you there?" And before I can do the math and answer, she clutches my arm and is like, "You were there in 2000! I totally bought bread from you at the bakery! WE KNOW EACH OTHER!!" Well, you can imagine my shock.

So it turns out that we totally know each other, or should have while we lived there. I do have a hazy memory of her; she worked at a cafe with my friend Dave. And we know all the same people, and had a wonderful time reminiscing. She, like all of us pseudo-Irish-expats, REALLY wants to go back. So, I am all pumped that I have a cool new friend in Florida, right? Yeah, but wait, this is MY life we're talking about. So, naturally, she lives in BOSTON. Sheesh. You'd think god was trying to tell me something...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home