Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Erin go Bragh

Yesterday afternoon, I got on the #13 bus that would take me out to UCF for my Tuesday night class. As I boarded and tried to feed my $1.25 into the little money meter, the driver starts talking very loudly, "Hey, on St. Patrick's Day when I was younger, I used to wear a pin that said 'Kiss me, I'm Irish'! But none of the girls would kiss me; they just laughed and said, "You ain't Irish, you're Puerto Rican!" He then starts laughing uproariously while pulling the bus out into traffic, which was slightly alarming. I smiled and laughed as well, but as I made my way back to my seat, I was puzzled. What the hell? Why tell me that story? Did he want a kiss? It's not St. Paddy's Day... And then I looked down and realized I was wearing my green "Everyone loves an Irish girl" t-shirt. And it all made sense.

Perhaps I should make my little bus driver a shirt that says "Kiss me, I'm Puerto Rican!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home