Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Damn you, TBS!

So I was watching Dawson's Creek reruns this morning (laugh away, my friends), and realized that I want to live in Capeside. Preferably in a little love-shack with Pacey. But no, seriously, there was this one exterior shot of Dawson's house, and it was sunrise on a beautiful fall day and the camera panned up from the creek across the lawn and to the house, and I was like..wow. This is where I want to be. A nice, big old house on the shore (but instead of a creek, it would be a pond) with nice trees all around, a garden for all my little plants, and a porch to sit and drink tea on. Or possibly beer. I would have my big old kitchen, painted all white and green, a comfy couch in the living room and lots of shelves for my books. Hardwood floors, of course, and maybe even a little root cellar. Root cellars are highly underrated. I would keep my potatoes in the root cellar. Because in my house, I eat lots of potatoes. And fish that I have caught from the lake. Heh. Ok, well, maybe not. But you see my point. The only problem with this scenario is that I have absolutely no idea how to get there. Or who else lives in that house. I do have a little bit of a handle on what I do for a living, but getting from where I am now to there is a bit of along road. And I already feel old. Oh well. What is the saying? A journey of a thousand miles...etc, etc.

Maybe I just miss it being autumn. Annmarie went apple-picking last weekend. And she planted mums in her window boxes. The mums they sell down here are sad, crumply little things that say, "I'm too hot! I'm not a tropical plant! Take me back to New England, you crazy people!" Hmmm...maybe I'M not a tropical plant. (I can't believe I'm relating to foliage. I need ot get out more.)

In other news, Alli came to visit this weekend, and it was a wonderful time. We went out (the less said about that, the better), we laid by the pool (laying out in October goes in the + column for Florida), we shopped, I found a new Mustard Seed, which made me pretty happy. Mostly, though we just hung out and talked; it was great to talk with someone from home who knew you before you were, well, you know. Before you got all sappy about Dawson's Creek reruns on a Wednesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home