Thursday, October 21, 2004

Who's Your Daddy?

I have spent much of the last week watching every move of the Red Sox, waiting for the other shoe to drop. By the end of last night, I was pretty much a nervous wreck, wondering how they were going to screw this one up. And somewhere around Pedro's third 94 mph fastball in the 7th, I realized that they weren't going to screw it up. We were actually going to win. We were going to complete the greatest comeback in baseball history. We were going to the World Series for the first time since I was nine years old. And we got to POUND the Yankees in the process!

I really can't explain the feeling - somewhere between relief and elation. I think I am still waiting for someone to pinch me. But if you have time, read the Sports Guy's thoughts on this. He pretty much sums it up, including the CRAPPY announcing by Fox. One friend said she got so pissed that she turned on the radio and muted the TV. But, all is well that ends well. On to the Series.

I am actually heading up to Connecticut this weekend for Shawn's play, so I'm pretty excited. Not only for the play, but I will get to be a Sox fan in my natural habitat! Ahhh, New England. I don't think I have been this excited about a championship since Ray Borque won it all with the Avs. Yeah, Red Sox!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home