Thursday, March 24, 2005

Rich, buttery popcorn

Last night there was a meeting at school for parents to learn more about the nightmare that is No Child Left Behind, and I helped provide child care (a movie and popcorn) for anyone who wanted to bring kids. About five parents and four kids showed up. As I handed one little boy a paper bag of popcorn and settled him in to watch The Incredibles, he looked up at me and inquired, "Is this that popcorn they were making in the teacher's room?"

"Yes," I replied, pouring him some apple juice.

"Oh. I don't want any of that, it smells like throw-up."

"It does?" I obligingly smelled the popcorn and found that while it might taste like rich, buttery heaven, it did indeed smell like throw-up.

We contented ourselves with the apple juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home