Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Vacation

One of the great things about working in a school is school vacation. (One of the sucky things about being an ed. tech. is that it is unpaid...) This week, I'm trying to kill too many birds with one stone, I think. Driving to Boston tonight to see Dana (and have a passable pint of Guinness), Connecticut tomorrow for Annmarie's birthday, and then into the big City for a couple days. I'm pretty excited - I've never been to New York. Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, Bloomingdales....it's gonna be great. We're going to try and get tickets for Wicked, but I think it's a longshot.

In other news, I'm oddly resigned to the fact that there will be no NHL this year. I think my life has been so hectic over the past few months that I haven't had time to notice the absence of my favorite sport. Or pro hockey, anyway. I've been watching quite a bit of college hockey...go BLUE! At any rate, Chad and Shawn brought this site to my attention today, and I have to say, why the hell not? It's not as if it is the NHL trophy...it is a trophy that happens to be awarded to NHL teams. Also? I love the Stanley Cup wedding cake. Maybe my future husband will be a hockey fan...

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

Hey, I surfed into your blog this AM...

I miss my NHL too...but alas there is plenty to do as you well know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home