Monday, January 03, 2005

Vacation's Over

Today I susbstituted for third grade - They were a little bit wild the first day back from break, but I think I managed to rein them in.

For a spelling exercise, we named as many words as we could beginning with "be-". One little boy raised his hand and frantically waved it around. "Miss Grindle, I know one! BELCH!"

I suggested that we didn't write that one up on the board.

A few kids later, a rather soft-spoken girl said, "Ummmm...beer." Thinking I had heard her wrong, I said, "Oh, you mean 'bead'? That's a good one..." "NO," said she of the no longer soft voice, "I said BEER, like the stuff to drink!"

I suggested we not write that one on the board, either...

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEE-AATCH???

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my name is aine im just wonderin wot part of ireland you were in just my boyfriend is friends with a guy whom was goin with a girl from maine in the usa resally lovely girl whos name was shayna grindle dont know if spelled right is that you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home