Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Geico commercial gone horribly wrong

So I am sitting here on the couch, calmly making out my Christmas cards when, out of the corner of my eye, I see a sizable gecko run across the living room and into the bedroom. I have no such similar problems with reptiles as I have with bugs, but I would really prefer they not run around my room while I sleep. So I run over to block its path and it scurries back toward the living room.

Where the dog is waiting.

Handsome runs at the thing, it tries to make a bolt for the front door (which is closed), and the dog traps it in a corner, growling and chomping away. I have horrible visions of him eating the lizard, which could very well be a teensy bit harmful, so I run over, and sure enough, the little gecko is in the bulldog's mouth. I grab the thing, manage to get it halfway out, and then...ew, like half of it breaks off, and it is flopping on the floor. Ew, ew, ew. I drag the very upset dog away, and go to dispose of the gecko's remains, when...yup, it moved. It is mortally wounded, though, so I scoop it up in a napkin and throw it away. Poor gecko. It really didn't know what it was in for when it scurried into this apartment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home