Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Fourth Day of Christmas

Yay, Christmas in Maine! Although we didn't get snow until the 26th, it was a wonderful Christmas at home. Fun presents, lots of good food, and plenty of visits with family. We went to Christmas Vigil mass and saw St. Joe's new priest. He kept the homily short and sweet, and has this funky surfer mullet going on, so he was ok with me. The day after Christmas was spent getting my brother out the door on his way to Africa. He had a long, snowy drive to Long Island, stayed overnight there, his girlfriend's parents drove them to JFK the next day where they boarded the plane that would take them all the way to Johannesburg. They arrive there at noon today (they stopped to refuel in Dakar), and then catch a connecting flight to Capetown. All told, a 22 hour flight. I can't even imagine how tired they'll be. You can read about his adventures here.

Also on the day after Christmas, we went to friends' house to watch the Brewski Bowl - Pats v. Jets, in honor of Tedy Bruschi. As usually happens with the Brewski Bowl, he did very well - many great stops and even an interception. One drink for every time he is mentioned or shown on TV, five drinks for the interception...I don't know what we would have done if he'd run it back for a touchdown... It's very odd to be playing drinking games with your parents and their friends. I had taken a Benadryl just prior to kickoff, though, and the first beer knocked me on my ass. I think I slept through much of the third quarter. Fun times.

I have hidden the wise men in our creche behind the stable, as it is not Epiphany yet, but my mom moved them so they are peeking out around the sides. I told her that they weren't even in the area, and that made them look like they were stalking the baby Jesus. She astutely pointed out that wasn't far off from the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home