Friday, May 06, 2005

The Butterfly Princess

I was working in the second grade when one of the sweetest little girls in the school asked me if she could read to me. I sat down next to her and she started in on a story she had just written about a beautiful butterfly princess. She always dressed in pink and had wings all the colors of the rainbow. On her birthday, her dad (the king of the butterfly world) threw her a party, where she got a new silk dress, a new set of shimmery wings, a tiara and some chocolate. And she lived happily ever after in the castle in the clouds.

After I left the room, I started thinking about the little girl and her story. I think the last thing I penned was a letter of complaint to me cable company for screwing me out of deposit money. At what point did we stop writing about butterfly princesses?

In other news, you can check out the newest addition to our family over on littlefrost. I get to see her this weekend on the way back from Shawn's final college performance at the Long Wharf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home