Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May Madness

Okay, okay, I know that I have been sporadic (to say the least) with the blogging lately, but in my defense, May has been a month chock full of graduations, two trips to New Haven, one to Presque Isle, a new baby to see, a job offer, then a major screw-up (not mine) with grad school, another job offer, and, on top of it all, a month full of behaviors at school. Which was lovely. So! I'll be back soon, I promise.

But in the meantime...a story. This came to mind today for some reason (I think because the CONSTANT rain lately has made me miss Ireland). I am working at Griffin's sometime in early 2000. It'a a Saturday, which means nonstop craziness, not even a pee break until well after noontime. One old biddy was being the customer from hell - you know the type; nothing was done right, she wanted this this way and that that way, and in the meantime, the line is out the door and down the street. One of my co-workers, Lily was unlucky enough to be free when she stepped up to the counter. She (very politely, under the circumstances) spent about 20 minutes getting this woman everything she asked for, and after the biddy's grand exit, Lily slapped her hand down on the counter and put the other hand to her forehead.

"That woman," she said with disgust, "stresses my ovaries."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home