Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Curtains, Ray Bourque and the Sox

I don't know why, but ripping down hideous vertical blinds makes me very happy. Putting up pretty red silk curtains that make our new living room seem a real home makes me even more happy.
That's right, I finally have a home in Massachusetts. After a MONTH of temporary housing, I am living in - I shit you not- the Fountainhead apartments. Somebody had a warped sense of literary humor. (The apartments in the book The Fountainhead were actually blown up by the architect's girlfriend...)

At any rate, I was sitting here in my pretty new living room, procrastinating and watching David Ortiz come through for the Sox YET AGAIN, when I remembered something from the Stanley Cup finals a few years ago. It was game 3, in the locker room before the third period, tied 1-1, a must win for the Avs. Someone asks, "Ok, who's gonna get the next goal?" Nobody answers and the silence gets a little awkward. Then the MAN, Ray Bourque stands up and says, "I've got it." And he did, shortly into the third. The Avs went on to win the Cup.

David Ortiz has "got it" for the Sox. And he has for quite some time now. I think it's time for somebody else to stand up in the locker room.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger SCG said...

You've got Blog spam, booo blog spammers suck ass. Hey Hey what do you say let's win one for Ray today. Sox are in trouble. Jerks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home