Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Do you hear that? That's the sound of complete musical freedom...

So I finally have an iPod...a very aesthetically pleasing, sleek black and silver thing that will house all the music I could ever think of. Heh. I once had a friend who eschewed the traditional candy-apple red and bought a black Swiss Army knife because it was the "aesthetic choice". But I digress. I have about half my music loaded on to it, and have so far managed not to f it up. Yesterday, iPod and I made our first foray out into the wide world. We hopped on the train to Boston to get my Northeastern ID, and pay a visit to the MFA.

I found that the best music to listen to on the train is Death Cab for Cutie or Radiohead. Nice and contemplative for staring out the window at the countryside (or suburbs) rushing by. (Incidentally, the best book to read on a train? Atlas Shrugged. I read a large part of it on a train I took with Lindsay to Baltimore for a conference I'm sure neither of us really remembers.) The best music for walking the streets of Back Bay? Interestingly, Eve 6. Most of the songs on Horrorscope have a beat that apparently matches my pace. And the best music I forgot I had? The Afghan Whigs. I bought a couple of their albums back in the late 90's, I think because they were on the My So-Called Life soundtrack. I remember they opened for Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Great Woods the summer after my freshman year, but we missed them because we were trying to find parking.

That is all for now. I have a date with Chapters 3 & 4 of Verbal Behavior by my new best friend, B.F. Skinner. Get it?

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger L said...

So it's almost a year later, and apparently i never caught that you mentioned me in this post :) but YES i do remember the train ride, though I don't remember much about the conference. I think I was just excited to get out of the office.

Not sure if you will ever get this comment, but hey, can't hurt to try. Thought of you yesterday when someone mentioned Friday fish fry!

xoxo
Lindsay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home